Interior decoration: practical advice, numbers, ideas
You can decorate any room on a whim, guided by inspiration alone, and hope that the result will not disappoint. And you can use the advice of experts and decorate your interior like a real pro!
Painting, photos, posters
To decorate the interior with paintings, like a real designer, it is enough to look at the interesting layouts on the web and place the images in this way. But here are some tips that will help you do it as competently as possible and achieve the most effective results.
– The center point of the composition you are creating on the wall should be at eye level. This is approximately 140-150 cm from the floor level;
– The minimum distance between the elements of the composition (paintings, photographs or posters) must be at least 5 centimeters;
– If you want to hang pictures over a sofa, table or, say, a pedestal, then the optimal distance between furniture and works of art is 10-20 cm.
Curtains, curtains, drapes
To curtains, curtains or curtains were not just a practical necessity. A real decoration of the interior, it is important not only to choose a beautiful material, but also beautifully hang the canvas.
– If you want to visually increase the height of the ceiling in the room, the eaves must be fixed as close as possible to the ceiling. If this is not necessary, then just note that the minimum distance from the eaves to the window opening is 5 cm;
– Long curtains on the floor give the room a more elegant and luxurious look. It is even better if the canvases fall to the floor (for the proper effect, 5 cm of “extra” fabric that will lie on the floor will be enough);
– To visually make the window wider, and the interior is lighter and more spacious, use light textiles and a wide cornice (10-25 cm wider than the window opening).
Floor lamps, wall lamps, table lamps – this is the most unobtrusive, but beautiful decor for any room. How to competently use it in the interior?
– Do not hang wall lights (sconces) lower than 150 cm from the floor level;
– It is optimal when the lampshade of the floor lamp is at the level of 170 cm from the floor. If higher, then the light can dazzle;
– The recommended distance between the elements of wall decoration and wall lamps – from 8 to 15 cm.